Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Catholicism

Similar to the previous post (given that I’m typing these on my computer in advance I hope I post them in the correct order or at least remember to give them a quick once over…doubtful, and either way this is going to be left in…or is it?), ummm. Yes.

Similar to the previous post, I think if I was ever going to get into the whole Christianity thing I would have to go for Catholicism. It has by far the most interesting structures to worship in, at least over here, and they give you lots to look at. The buildings themselves architecturally, but also all the little chapels and alcoves and saints and statues they have lying everywhere. Then of course there’s all the chanting and rituals that go on, throw in a bit of hazy incense and you have yourself a solid little party.

With all the ‘additions’ above and beyond the straight-up ‘JC is awesome message’, the damn thing may as well still be pagan.

To all my devout and easily angered Catholic readers JOKES!!! (they’re not reading now, but no doubt once I’m famous and people start looking all this stuff up they’ll google me and I’ll get in trouble. Heh thinking about that kind of stuff makes me wonder whether I should post anything online, but I suppose these kinds of resources are going to be the new ‘personal archives’ that get donated to libraries etc. Maybe I should find some intellectual compatriot and start exchanging letters so I have something more solid to give. But none of this is about Catholicism so I’ll stop and go work on something that will make me famous so these concerns will be legitimate).

No comments: