Sunday, November 21, 2004

Tuks tuks the end

Okay. From now on there's going to be a bit more structure to each post (hopefully).

Tukstuks. I don't like being ripped off, but I am a white dude. As such there are certain assumptions made that I am rich. And in actual fact I am when I am here. As such one must expect a little excessive charging (I guess). These guys are just trying to feed their family, watch some Muay Thai and get drunk out of their chairs from time to time just like the rest of us. So I have to accept that. Phew...now I'm an open minded traveller.

At the same time when I pay 40 Baht to go over 200 km in a bus, it's a little hard to rationalize a 3 minute tuk tuk ride costing the same...and yes I know buses and cabs are different. Whatever...the end of tuk tuks.

No comments: