Monday, March 09, 2009

Jamie Oliver

Looking through my Morocco photos I forgot to mention that Jamie Oliver (yes that one, the famous chef) appeared in Marrakech while I was eating supper. And of all the foodstalls arrayed around the square he decided to stop at mine and start cooking.

Humourous times as I explained to a Swiss couple who he was.

Apparently he is shooting some show where he drops into various cities around the world to get a feel for their food culture. Interesting to watch both him and those following him, and some of the local waiters working who refused to listen to the producers pleas. "Hey Jamie Oliver! Hey Jamie!"

I had ordered before he arrived so he didn't actually cook any of my food but I heard he did up an order of meat skewers that were subsequently sent back because they were underdone. Silly Jamie. You cook the meet right through because it's been sitting around unrefridgerated all day. They have a chunk of fat on the skewer for flavour.

No comments: