Sunday, December 26, 2004

Earthquakes and Travel plans

First of all for those who are VERY unclear on SE Asian geography I am perfectly safe and in fact now far away from the ocean.

So I was going to come on here adn say, guess what???!!! I'm staying on until the start of April. I'm going to the south of Thailand and Malaysia and Singapore and INdonesia....and oh, there's the 4th largest earthquake ever reported... hmmm

Now I still plan on going because before going to all those places I'm heading to Vietnam. My hope is that by the time I want to travel to those areas things will have recovered. That, and teh places I was planning to go were not nailed by the tsunami. But anyway, more details on that as it develops.

I know I should be wondering about the thousands that are now dead missing or homeless, or something along those lines, rather than can my trip still go ahead, and I am. But really there's only so much worrying that one can do. That and because the only reason I even know about the earthquake is I happened to go online...I heard nothing for 24 hours, so while I understand that it is of a gret magnitude I do not have teh pictures video and audio clips to really help me come to grips with the whole thing.

No comments: