Sunday, December 19, 2004

South

So we went south. And we got to Champasak and saw the ruins. VERY cool. And I must say I really enjoyed my pad on the Mekong, hammock and all that. Very nice.

This entry is going to be mighty shorty, mostly just because I don't feel like going too long, and I write enough in my journal. Also, we haven't really done a lot.

So Champasak, then on to Si Phan Don, more specifically Don Det. Don meaning Island as far as I can tell. Anyway, so once again in a hammock in abamboo bungalow letting my brain rest for four days or so. Partaking in too many fruit pancakes and fruit shakes, but thus is life I suppose. I had Kip to spend because it isn't accepted anywhere else so I did. For those who are wondering it was less than $2 for about 3/4 ounces.

The place we were staying cost 50cents a night, and with that and the food I was gorging myself on (I ate sooo much compared to the rest of teh trip) it was less than $5 a day.

And then it was on to Cambodia...

No comments: