Friday, December 31, 2004

kids that beg

I think I've already mentioned how poor the poor are in Cambodia. Lot's of landmine victims and just people who can only beg.

The children are the most interesting beggars. Some seem genuinely poor and in need of food or money...when we give it's usually food. Others though are different.

They will walk up to you while you eating or just walking and do this weird chant thing. I think tehy're just asking for food but they use a VERY tragic voice and look. Some will stay on you for awhile, and eventually go away.

WHen they realize they aren't getting anything they suddenly turn into normal kids again. SOme start singing, some run and one kid shot me with a (empty) waterpistol.

Gotta make your money somehow. If they are that destitute I'm glad they can jump and play and stuff, but if they're not and just looking for a quick cash advance...man are they irritating.

No comments: