Monday, June 23, 2008

...next

We haven't figured out how we're going to Damascus, but it will happen on Wednesday. That is one thing we know for sure!
(bus or service taxi, not a big deal).

Tomorrow though is up in the air. I decided not to bother with the desert castles to the east of AMman, but there is a castle up north near Ajloun that I might want to check out. It's an Islamic castle, built by Salah-ha Din's nephew or son or something, rather than the Crusader castles that were subsequently altered that I have seen thus far.

The town itself is just past Jerash and I think getting there will require a similar series of tricks (ie bus station, local bus etc.) something I'm fairly confident with. So maybe that for tomorrow.

Then off to Syria Wednesday.

Damascus then likely Palmyra, Homs (or more likely the city north of it that has big cool waterwheels), Krak de Chevaliers (now that's a castle!), Lattakia on teh coast then Aleppo before rocking and rolling all the way to Istanbul. Maybe bus, maybe train, maybe we shall see. I think that's enough writing for me. I know I keep saying I'll start doing this more often, and maybe some day I will. And the you'll get to read the really incisive, thoughtful commentary.

No comments: