Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thoughts and goings

So with all the work done, once again I'm about to hit the road. This time with Zoe, my friend who I lived with at school this past year. Should be giggles.

As usual there is a degree of anticipation and nervousness that I always feel when I'm about to embark. Where will I be staying, what will I be eating, etc. And the relaxed life of Shokini hotel apartments has quite pleasant, AC'd afternoon naps are always a good time. There wasn't much time to just sit around and chat with people over the course of the dig. A little too much paperwork and desire to sleep for that, and it would be nice to have a day or two of that, but alas. Such things are not to be.

I've met some good people on this trip, some that I'll keep in touch with more than others, been annoyed by some people, wondered if I was so confusing when I was 18, and generally pondered the existence of humanity. Basically time well spent.

And tomorrow I catch a bus to Karak to see a cool crusader castle then to Amman and after a few days there onto Syria and Turkey. Giggles.

No comments: