Monday, May 19, 2008

general

Aside from being sick, things are still good. Trying to get to sleep on time is trying. Hem. Writing isn't finding the time I want it to. Even this is a bit rushed. I want more thoughts an commentary, over and above narrative, but I'm sure it will come.

Hmmmm. Oh, we found the road. Did I mention that? I think so. I started a new square today to look for the other side. Peeling off 10cm of soil from a 6m by 6m square is boring, but what are you going to do. Right now it's just me and a Bedouin named Ra'ad. My Arabic and his English aren't meshing too well so it's pretty quiet but he's a good guy and a great worker so no complaints.

I'll tell you as soon as I find Turkish gold, which is what some of the Bedouin are convinced we're looking for so we can't use the G word on site.

No comments: