Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Ye Olde Call to Prayer

So travelling in the middle east are you???

Maybe it's time to wax poetic about early morning wake-ups from the local minaret. Or not.

Maybe I haven't found the romance because teh call comes in at 415? I suppose I need to get up at 430, so that might be deemed helpful, but I'll put it in the interesting experience column (not bad) over romance.

The tinny speakers cerainly can't help things. Sometimes there are a few minutes of garbled static before anyones voice even comes on.

I'll admit some of it is very pretty and if I could understand the sermons and prayers I'd likely get more out of things, but my reaction is already 'interesting and a part of life', rather than 'HOLY F-Balls travelling is crazy'.

I like Mark's reaction/translation every time the voice booms into our room, "Go Bills". (as in the football team)

No comments: