Saturday, May 24, 2008

this and that

It's hot here.

There's a reason people fear to tread after May...humid and gunk. The desert gets hot over the day, but when we start our labour at least it's somewhat cool.

The result is we're all going a bit crazy, but adjusting.

Not a place I would recommend as a vacation spot. Nice enough, but not quite nice enough.

Oh and I should mention, we randomly got taken downstairs in the bakery yesterday. The machine they use to produce about 100 pitas every 3 minutes (me guessing) is very fun. Lots of snaking conveyer belts etc etc. I'd love to give you all details but will instead just say imagine the most fantastic pita micahine you have ever seen in the basement of a bakery in Aqaba and that's pretty much what I saw.

Peace. I'm out of here (and going to supper).

No comments: