Sunday, May 04, 2008

Travelling again

Woot.

On the road again. I'm not really in the mood to write too much. I think it has something to do with the fact there are a lot of people around to talk to and the writing therefore becomes less of an outlet. The journal has suffered as well, but I'm sure I'll sort it all out eventually.

The trip began on the bus to TO. Managed to get stuck in a jam on the 400. Uggh. Some clever monkey had managed to ignore all the "if you are a truck don't try to go under the bridge on the outer lane"signs that I had plenty of time to read while waiting around. Crunch. They had to stop traffic to get him out.

Then my train to Montreal. Due to leave at 1130...delayed until 2 already when I check in Engine troubles they say. Found out later it was a suicide. Eeeps. Thought they'd just need a hose, but apparently everything is stopped while police investigate. Eventually left at 3 and got passed by the 310 express on the way. Oh well. I had planned to get off in dowtown, go book shopping then Metro out to the hotel. No luck with book shops so it was a just a lengthier trip as I could have gotten off at Dorval, right at the airport. Oh well. Poor Zoe, however, whose father had booked the rooms using his points was a little concerned about my non arrival. And because there was all sorts of mix ups on the hotels parts she never got the mesage I left telling her as much.

The montreal airport was fine...except for a debacle where we were trapped in the international area before they told us we couldn't leave. No Tim Hortons for me...settled for generic toast, egg, sausaage and potatoe over priced breakfast. They tried to charge me 1.69 for a so-called extra sausage, so I volunteered to toss it in the trash because that was just NOT happening and they relented, so I guess that's a happy ending.

Montreal airport. Take each step carefully because they'll trick you.

No comments: