Monday, January 10, 2005

blood

Not sure why I felt a need to clarify this, but I gave blood at a children's hospital in Cambodia.

I did it for the kids. I hadbn't even thought of the blood needed for tsunami relief untilo I got to Thailand.

While I'm on teh subject the "give money to Tsunami relief" box on Kho SAn Road is geting weirder. People are taking pictures of the lists of people's names, and the posters that have been put up with people's pictures. Not only that, the organizers have printed pics taken from video I assume. It's a frame by frame thing of the wave's progression and each picture has the caption "It took 12 seconds".

Met a guy today, an American architect. who was going to travel up to Laos but now looks to be headding to the wave ravaged areas. His wife's a photojournalist, but more importantly he hsaid he may get put in charge of teh Habitat for Humnaity mission in Sri Lanka...they lost tonnes of people and from what I gathered he's built houses around theworld (from palaces in Arabia to $100 wonders in INdia) so he looks to be a fine fella for the job.

No comments: