Thursday, January 13, 2005

Uncle Ho and so much mo'

I saw the corpse of one Ho Chi Minh today...heh. I guess if I was communist and Vietnamese it would have been a bit more awesinspiring.

I guess it was okay. After checking bags you collect in a big room watching a Vietnamese movie detailing the life of Ho. It went right up to the construiction of the mausoleum and they were sure to show the Vietnamese linging up to see him, the children to see him and of course tourists.

The body itself is lit oddly so his hands and face are pink...or maybe yellow, I've forgotten already.

After that I went to the name I can't remember museum. An old prison built by the french and then became the infamous Hanoi Hilton. INteresting enough, featuring guillotines that the french left behind. I understand the Vietnamese are going to make a big deal about how shittily they were treated, but the French were a touch harsh I think.

Then there were also displays about Americans that stayed there. All treated very nicely thank you...they even had John McCain's flight suit on display. YES the John McCain Us Senator from Arizona. WOW!
Snake adventure, then more wandering the streets. I ended the day with a lovely bowl of noodles, which in effect, wioth the broth and chicken included turned into the best bowl of chicken noodle soup I have ever had. mmm mmm good.

No comments: