Wednesday, January 12, 2005

my bag cover

In order to make their bags a bit more secure a lot of people have an additional cover they put over it. Included in my bag was a rain cover, a nice white one. Of course the first time I put it on in Laos the bag got put IN the bus and got smeared in grease (who cares, just spots) and toen (only a little but a piss off). The cover fits into a little pocket on the bag and this means it must be quite thin...so easier to rip.

Anyway, I'm not going to put it on top protect my bag so guess what. I made my own cover. With pure James genius I found an old corn bag and cut it with my swiss army knife. I then taped edges and reinforced certain spots then strung it with some rope I happened to bring.

I now have a ridiculously awesome bag cover that camouflages my bag as a bag of corn, something very few people (maybe some donkeys) would want to steal.

I wore it for the first time this morning, and it was sharp. people stared and pointed...they weer all so jealous.

No comments: