Wednesday, January 12, 2005

showoff

This is just me showing off about what a cool guy I am.

I was eating supper tonight, in a local restaurant as I am wont to do. It saves tonnes of money and muddling through teh ordering process is way more fun. I try to learn names of things but who am I kidding.
ANyway, so there I sat and I loked up and a woman was staring at me. I smiled and waved from my little red stooland picked up some chopsticks, she smiled back and wandered off.

Then some tour group walked by. I looked up as rarely as possible but still, I could feel their eyes.

I think because I'm a non local eating in a local restaurant I'm as much of a unique sight as lots of other things. Now this isn't true for everywhere we go, but concentrated tourism like what goes on teh Old Quarter here yields packaged tours. Packaged tours concerned about hygeine and not concerned about cost.

The whole incident just made me proud of myself. I'm not (and when G was with me it was the same story with her) the nost hardcore "one with the people" kind of traveller but I do very well for myself. If you go travelling you should get into the trenches so to speak, otherwise you just aren't getting the real experience. I guess teh other way is okayt for some. Part of my new outlook (it's just begun) is to criticize traits I dislike less often, and promote things I think are good. By doing this I thing I will bring world peace about and also more jelly beans...the orange and green ones especially.

Same goes for transportation, get on a bus or train with the masses and their livestock. I'M AWESOME. WOOT WOOT.

Well maybe not, I've been on here so long I get the feeling the lights might be off in my dorm room. Hopefully I can find my way into bed and other my warm warm covers.

No comments: