Thursday, January 06, 2005

Goodmorning Vietnam, and other such cliches

IBuying my ticket tomorrow. I will be leaving here on January 11, and landing in Hanoi. I will tehn work my way down that wonderful (here's hoping) nation and depart from Saigon (aka Ho Chi Minh City aka HCMC) on about February 3. I haven't decided yet.

But here's the catch! I was going to return to Bangkok, but now...ooooohh now, I'm going straight to Kuala Lampur. That's in Malaysia. Fun fun fun. From tehre I explore that country, and will dip into Singapore for a bit. Singapore being a wee bit mroe expensive than elsewhere, a dip is all I can afford.

I may head down to Indonesia. I haven't decided yet. I assure EVERYONE, if I do go to Indonesia my adventures will be restricted to teh island of Java. Unaffected by the quake and tsunami, except indirectly of course. As far as I know, and I'll be doing some research on this, I won't take any resources away from any rescue efforts. By research I mean check the Indonesian government web pages and make sure they don't say anything subtle like "don't come here and take away from our efforts."

And after that's all done, back up through Malaysia and it's various other attractions before re-entering Thailand.

Right now departure is PENCILED in for March 22, but I'm holding out hope for an April 3rd (or thereabouts) flight to reveal itself.

No comments: