Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Motos

Motorbikes have been crazy in Se Asia, but here, yikes! On teh drive in from the airport I noticed an aweful lot of side views. Like people cutting across traffic sideviews.

Lights change and there are always people still going through when others start moving. They aren't even gunning it, they just roll through and expect people to avoid them. A lot of honking accompanies all of this, but I'm not sure what good it does if everyone is doing it. If I ever drove here I would pick a speed and a straight line and not worry about too much else, other people could avoid me. Until I got used to the traffic then it's balls to the wall.

Cars, trucks etc. are all slowed because of the motorbikes, in fact so are the bikes. The way tehy are staggered across the road and there are no really fast or slow lanes, nobody can get up a head of steam. Work in bicycles, rickshaws and pedestrians and there's no chance to get speed up.

Today I saw a hummer. I think the hummer as a civilian vehicle is one of the stupidest ideas on the face of the planet. It's too big for real off road recreation and too big for a city and just dumb, especially wen you get a yellow one. ANyway, it's even stupider here, with more traffic and narrower streets.

STUPID!!!!!

No comments: