Thursday, January 20, 2005

We were robbed

Or at least I was, I think. If I was it was probably about $10 American, and a few hundred thousand dong. Oh well. I guess I'll just be pleased it wasn't too much and use it as an excuse to redouble my paranoia.

I think it happened when I left some money on a tour bus when I went biking. But it might have been when I went swimming off the boat.
I was lying in my berth as my train to Hue pulled out of the station, trying to be less grumpy. I was almost there, then I had a conversation with a girl named Jan. She's at Hanoi's school of economics, which a lot of students in communist countries seem to take, and was just a very pleasant person to talk to. Not ALL Vietnamese are bad. In fact when they aren't screeching at you to buy something or giving you a price 8 times what locals pay I'm sure they're lovely people.

I know I'm here for a while longer, but so far, my least favourite country. (but it isn't too bad)

No comments: