Friday, January 14, 2005

sun and warmth

While we were out on the boat the sun sort of came out.

Then when I was walking around looking for supper the air felt warmer. It's all very exciting because of how there's no such thing as indoor heating here.

Other than the hot baths and showers I took as a kid after falling into rivers, ponds, lakes, puddles, field puddles (bigger than normal puddles and they form at the downhill ends of farmers fields, and when the ice begins to melt you break big slabs off and try to ride them like a raft but you always end up getting wet) hydro pole holes full of water (holes dug for hydro poles that fill with water and when you stickyour foot in to see how deep it is you get wet, mainly because you're wearing rubber boots but still insist on pushing past the tops), creeks, seas, oceans, streams and so on. (I fell into water a lot)...sorry I lost myself. other than the hot baths and showers I took after those various incidents the one in my dorm here is the best.

You know what was always cool? No, that's not it, guess again (man I'm a tool). When you get water in your rubber boot and it's really cold, feels like icicles are stabbing you over and over, but you ignore it and keep walking and eventually it warms and you have like a foot jacuzzi going on...thgat's great.

No comments: