Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I'm a big nerd

My favourite part of travel isn't the actual travelling bit. Well it is, but I also take a lot of pleasure from this other area.

The whole budgeting and figuriong out well in advance where I'll be on certain dates, it just gives me the giggles. I know it's a lame way to travel and the reason I do it is simply because I have so much I'm trying to fit in in 5 months and on a limited budget, but I may as well enjoy it if I have to do it anyway. I'm quite good at this budgeting game, and if it wasn't for the odd snake or robbery I'd be doing even better.

Some day I'll come here with oodles of money and oodles of time, and when that day comes THEN I will be in less need of a budget. Even then though, I think I'll still take more pleasure from the noodles with fish balls (like meatballs) for 5000 dong because I'm eating cleverly and not getting sucked into all those fancy restaurants with their chairs and tables. There's something great about scoring a filling and delicious meal on the cheap, especially when so many others are unwilling to give it a try.

I'm not saying I'm superior because that's always when someone kicks me in the ass, I'm just saying I'm a big geek who takes pride in what he does. So there.

No comments: