Tuesday, March 22, 2005

And now

Flew back on Cathay...no chocolate bar but they gave me lots of rolls and butter. MMMMMM that'll get a body bloated.

Then one night in KL, after asking at the airport if they had a lost and found...the lady was pretty useless so I figured I'd let the watch and watch band go. The watch band had been my keen army one with McRae 796 still written on the back. Oh well.

But this makes me think.

WHat is with information counters around these parts? Hong Kong's people at the tourneys always looked lost whenever I asked them something. "Are there Canada jerseys anywhere? I looked at the souvenier stand but none there." "The souvenier stand". Then at the airport, lost and found, and she pointed me towards the Malaysian Airlines luggage office. Maybe she just didn't know, or maybe that's a Malaysian idea of keeping customers happy.

I'm sure part of it is language and all that, but I feel there's also a certain level of not quite on the ball as far as customer relations go. Oh well. Maybe that's why Cathay was great. The customer is always right, even when the customer is a schmuck like me.

SO then I bought my train ticket to Bangkok, and I leave on that in one week. Until then I'm hunkered down in the Cameron Highlands once again. Felt a little warmer this time and the smells were a little more lovely. Last night upon having a 1AM stroll because I'd been woken by something it was very much a camping in Algonquin or at the cottage night smell. That's part of why I love it here so much, the smells remind me of all sorts of good things.
VERY VERY pleased that I have a train ticket booked all the way to Bangkok. Did it cost a bit more? Don't know, but I've come to realize $10 is a small price to pay for state of mind. But for about $37US in a sleeper on a 21 hour train ride....I don't feel ripped off.

No comments: