Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Jersey

I'm at the tourney, I'm for Canada I think I'll get a jersey. It would have cost a chunk but figured it'd be worth it. Of course it turned out it was impossible. previous years teh tournament sold all team jerseys, this year it was only World Cup merchandise and Hong Kong jerseys. Not terribly logical but maybe it was to remain impartial as the "World CUp" no idea. But wait. I was told of a rugby store in Stanley, on the other side of the island. I get on a bus, go through a mountain to Stanley, and the geniuses running the store had decided this would be a good time for renovations. Hmmmm.

When I was outside the store for all of one minute I saw three groups walk up specifically looking for the store. Oh well, I'm not their business manager.

Then I had to decide whether I should get a world cup jersey or something. After much soul searching I decided the only reason for the shirt was so people would know I'd been and I could tell them just as easily. I bought a toque because I lost mine earleir on in the journey and it was cheaper.

Oh the tortuous life I lead. The best way to make decisions on things like those jerseys is to put it off, eventually they only have sizes xxs-s available and the dedcision has been made for me. Some of you might ask, what about xxxxl won't there be that end of the spectrum available??? At a rugby tourney with a bunch of former prop forwards walking around??? I don't think so.

No comments: