Tuesday, March 29, 2005

This one really needs more thought

I'm just writing this so I don't forget later, but I really need to write some serious stuff on different kinds of travellers. Early on in my trip I was critical of various people for the way they travelled. Evetually I realized travel is what it is and different people do it in different ways. Everyone wants something different out of it and there is no right or wrong way.

That doesn't mean I can't laugh or shake my head at some people of course.

There's a certain traveller romance that I tend towards, one of eating like a local, low budget, learn the language and travel light. I have achieved some of this, and failed miserably elsewhere. BUt there are so many different types. I didn't consider a CD player and yet people have MP3 players, CDs, even a few portable DVD players. Lately I've come acros quite a few people travelling around with laptops. Backp[acks and all that but buried deep in their pack they have thousands worth of electronics. Hopefully if a thief has the choice between that and my smelly socks he makes the right choice, and leaves both our bags alone.

Something to think about to be sure.

And there is something strangely off about a full blown hippy, with bare feet and craazy huge dreadlocks, carrying a brand new briught yellow lonely Planet guidebook. Hippies are supposed to go with the flow. RIght? WHo knows anymore.

No comments: