Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Canada's efforts

Started out great with a blow out of Hong Kong, but then we just didn't perform to expectations. It's very frustrating to watch the same pattern happen, game after game. Against a good team or one we should beat we start well. We look good and like we know what we're doing. But we always seem to have one mistake, generally one that takes what is a glorious scoring chance away from us. Then we start thinking about the mistake and bing bang boom, the score is way gone.

We made it to the bowl final (the bracket for teh losers after teh round robin) but lost to Italy in that. Oh well. If I can see what the problems are and teh coach seemed to be steamed and aware of it I'm sure it will be sorted out eventually. I don't want to have to lace 'em up and show how it's done but if I have too....

Did I mention I bumped into some of the team a couple days before the tourney started? Well I wished them luck, but I guess it only lasted the first game.

No comments: