Thursday, March 03, 2005

bus to bogor

So this bus, the fancy AC kind was rolling along for a little while. I was pleased, having slept on the train (it is a BIG thing for me to be able to get sleep on a n anything while sitting up, at the start of the trip that just never would have happened), and was the fact that bus prices are PRINTED on the TICKETS so I know I'm not getting ripped off, it just warms my heart.

Unfortunately some belt broke and the us fillewd with smoke and we were stranded roadside for an hour until they decided they couldn't fix it and started putting us on other buses that were passing. A fella named Agung started chatting with me while we waited and we got put on abus together and the chat continued.

Arriving in Bogor, I was invited to his house. Hmmmmm, what to do. At first I resisted mostly because as much as I'm not longer super loner I still have tendencies. But then I accepted. Once again I don't think I'll bother giving all the details here, but he's kinda middle class, has quite a few siblings many of whom seem to be involved in medicine and is just a fine fellow.

Hmmm, I kind of want to tell you all about the family and the observations and comparisons I made between his life my life, Endro's life. That can come in the debriefing I have upon return, or simply forward your list of questions to my email address and I will respond in time.

After the Botanical Gardens the next day Agung was heading to Jakarta so I went with. The pan was to drop me near the backpacker area, but because there were fuel price marches going on we went to his various family places first. Sister-in-laws mother and his brothers houses. At some point I or he suggested I stay with him until I left, so I did. That night we stayed in J at his brother's (a gynecologist who judging from his hours works very hard, and has a wonderful family). The next morning I was dropped at the harbour/old part of the city then caught a train to Bogor in the afternoon.

So many things I could say about what was talked about, and what I did with the kids and bserved. We discussed cultures and medicine and showed finger tricks to the kids and stuff........... I can't even get started.

VERY GOOD. I'll say that.

No comments: