Thursday, March 03, 2005

So, when I left you.

I was in Yogya trying to decide whether I should call Endro. The opportunity to interact with the locals would have been cool but I decided against it.

However, get this. We all know James. Loner and anti-social man extraordinaire, well guess what. Change is in the air. I started talking to people at my Losmen and not burying my nose in a book. I chose to hang out with a few people there and particualr my new Swedish friend Freddie.

Tremendous fella, lots of fun.

We toured some of Yogya, including the Kraton (apparently they have a SHITTY part that I saw before and a good one in behind) and thje old water palace again. I missed the underground mosque cool tunnels, swimming pool and the king's meditation area. WHat was I doing there before? The meditation to y untrained eyes looked like a big washroom complex with bath stalls and fancy toilets, squatter toilets but fancy just the same.

Three days in Yogya, and we rode the train together to Bandung where we shook hands, embraced and went our separate ways, until I go to Sweden that is!!!!!

I'm very excited about this interacting with humans business.

From Bandung I took a bus to Bogor. First though I caught a bus to the bus station, I only mention this because that thing was PACKED!!!! Heh, fun! And no one picked my pocket. The warnings for that are constant but I just never was under threat.

No comments: