Tuesday, March 29, 2005

OKay, I'm okay

I felt this earthquake. I was awake at just after midnight local time and suddenly I was wondering why I was rocking. I checked under the bed and there were no large rodents or anything like that so I figured earthquake, and the next day (today) on the news I was right. Hopefully the earth will decide it's shaken Aceh enough and move off to somewhere else. Somewhere else that is preferably unpopulated.

This trip has really shown me some interesting what ifs. For instance I usually am not awake at midnight, but some people were being loud outside the dorm. I wasn't mad at them, I'm all zen these days, or at least I try to be, and it turns out they (and my head cold) kept me awake to feel my first earthquake. Also when I moved into my bed I was trying to decide to take the one I took whose joints were a bit loose, or a more solid one. Again, why pick loosy goosey? WHo knows but on my last night in the Cameron Highlands it all became apparent.

No comments: