Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The end of KL

KL was a nice enough place. It was hotter than I thought, especially after the AC in teh dorm needed its freon topped up, and it just didn't happen. So the heat and humidity I needed to get used to, and the heat made me sleep a little less well. On top of this Malaysia is one hour behind everywhere else I've been thus far, but it's the same longitude as Bangkok and well west of Vietnam. The end result is the sun's out later and my sleep is thrown off that little bit extra.

Little India is waaaaaaaaaaaay better than China Town. I'm talking food here of course. The Saturday night market, for 5RM (less than $2) I ate about 5 different snacks/meals and came home feeling very fullquite pleased with myself. Breakfast is a simple matter of roti canaii in Little India. Roti (fried flat bread) and a bowl of potatocurry for 80sen, YUM!

I saw Batu caves, a Hindu pilgrimage site the day AFTER teh big festival. They were cleaning things up, and even if I had thought to go, going on the day of the festival wouldn't be such a agood idea. Ridiculously packed would be an understatement. People everywhere hanging teapots off their bodies with hooks and stcking skewers through cheeks and so on. More power to them, but I'm just as happy to see their pics in the paper as witness it first hand, h a few thousand others stuffed together in the sweltering heat. Nice caves though.

I also saw the Islamic arts museum which was quite nice as well. My favourite part was teh little models of different mosques they had on diplay from all over the world. I say little models but of course only speak in relation to real life.

But it was hot and I was getting grumpy.

I was going to make my audition tape for that clothing shoot, but the guy never. I think it's all legit, but the talent recruiter is just some young guy, and nto really on the ball. His failure to appear though saw me go into a grump and brought forth the sudden decision to GET OUT!

Next morning I bought a ticket and rode off to the Cameron Highlands.


If my typing appears even wan normal it's because these comps have a bit of a delay on them and sometimes by the time they catch up they frget what keys I've pressed.

No comments: