Friday, February 04, 2005

Kuala Lampur

Quickie!

Hot and more humid, but I guess my body has adjusted because I'm doing okay. Clean airport (reallyliked it) very high tech, along with the various trains I took to China town. But justas you say that, there was a cockroach crawling across the polished granite at the main train station, you can take the dirt out of Asia, but you'll never get rid of the roaches. Lots of foods, and quite the variety, and because it's close to Chinese New Year there are all these crazy stalls selling thin BBQ'd squares of pork and chicken. And there's one restaurant that seems to have a 50 person line out the door constantly.

Went up the Petronas Towers (the twin ones) and out on ther sky bridge...it was free so what the hey. It was the tallest building, but is now surpassed by one in Taiwan.

It and some museum displays I saw here and in Vietnam helpoed me make some interesting observations. I can draw the parallel I feel because both nations have similar goals of being "fully industriaLIzed by 2020".

In many of their displays they focus again and again on their hightech efforts at making the buildings or, hosting the Commonwealth games, or some conference. They're fixated on being seen as members of teh world and have a hidden inferiority complex about it. It isn't a big thing but I feel it's there.

That's it for now. There's a poster on the door of my guesthouse asking for people to tryout for parts in a series of clothing commercials. I think I might give them a call and see how much they'll pay, depends on what role I get of course.... If I get it they'll give me money and I might need to extend the old flight again because time=money. If I'm giving them my time so they give me their money I won't have the time to visit all the things I want to.

Soon to be on an Asian TV screen near you!

No comments: