Thursday, February 24, 2005

Random

In my guesthouse (Losmen as they are called here) I met a Labanese fellow while I sat on teh balcony sipping my morning tea, I've become quite the teaist recently. As I said he is from Lebanon and get this, the manager of his country's first Second Cup franchise, open 8 mos. What are the odds of him finidng me, a Cdn (Second Cup being a canadian company of course). Cool.

I am south of the equator for the first time in my life. This was very exciting and I of course wanted to check out the whole water floeing backwards thing. Now I found this truly amusing and maybe you will to, but because all the toilets are Asian squatters and not flush NA style I had no where to check the rotation. HAHAHA I say. Eventually I found a sink, filled it then brushed my teeth into it to make sure I had a good visual. The water goes clockwise, however that compares.

During this period I was very much "I shall rewturn one day and give Indonesia more of my time and attention". Isn't that quaint.

No comments: