Thursday, February 03, 2005

So then I...

Left Nha Trang and went to Mui Ne. Managed to find the only place on the beach willing to give me a single room for $5. HA! I rule. Lovely time there...swimming and reading and stuff. Did a lot of walking and considering the place is spread alopng a beach a few kilometres long thta was a lot of walking. Worth it though for all the money saved and delicviousness tasted. Of course I also became a bit of an eccentric in the eyes of some f the locals and hotel staff. By the end moto drivers were offerring me rides for free if they were going my way, no one could figure out the walking habit if you could afford (which they figured I could) a moto. I even went for a jog along the beach one morning, very nce, right until the blisters started forming. Heh, just makes my feet that much tougher!

Hmmm, what else to say.

Oh and my final note on Vietnam and whether I like or like less...I hope because I do leave tomorrow. It's the people in the North who are the raving jackasses, only out for money and never with a smile. ^The further south I got the nicer people became, even here in Saigon, the reputed rebooery capital of the coutry they've been great. The best was Mui Ne though. Me and my driver Hnam (ignore the H) had a few games of pool over the course of my stay and basically just shot the shit. He's a good guy, wants to be a motorcycle taxi driver in Texas one day (didn't tell him there wasn't much demand). He took me out to see the sights in Mui Ne, and let me tell you about them!

The main one is a giant white sand sand dune just plonked down in the middle of everything. Away from any kind of water. I have always enjoyed climbing hills but have rarely got to the top of one, looked around and simply had toi say holy shit like 86 times. I'm going to go and get lost in teh Sahara and until the whole blistering burns and lack of water kicks in I think I'm going to have a pretty groovy time. There were also some red sanddunes and a red canyon, but they paled in comparison. Then I went to the fairy stream. A red stream that you walk up to it's "source". Well not quite but after about a 1/2 hour walk you get to these little water falls that come from magical fairy land I guess. What also makes it cool is the rock formations along the edges. The ground is some sort of dissolveable rock and sand. The water kind os leaches out of the sand dunes, slowly but visibly causing little slides and stuff, and enters the stream. The bits of rock that are around of course remain and form neat sculprures archways and stuff. Very cool.

Sorry I'm not using the brilliant prose we all know I can, but I'm just trying to catch up on things without spending too much time or money.

Mui Ne....very cool.

No comments: